How to join; details below:
If you have any questions or need something, email Coach David.
- Join/Renew as a U.S. Masters Swimming member.
- Fill out our team registration.
- 1 time per week – $40 a month (about 4 practices a month)
- 2 times per week – $55 a month (about 8 practices a month)
- Unlimited times a week – $65 a month (as much as you want)
- Get added to our email group.
Step 0 of 4: Try us out
You can come visit us to see if we are a good fit before you join. If you are not a member of US Masters Swimming (USMS), then you will need to become a USMS member or fill out a form for a tryout membership. Our schedule can be found on the practices page.
Step 1 of 4: Be a member of U.S. Masters Swimming
If you aren’t yet, you will need to become a member of U.S. Masters Swimming. You can select Texas Gold Georgetown Masters (GTX) as your club. U.S. Masters Swimming registration happens on the USMS website.
Step 2 of 4: Register with our Team and Pay
To register with our team, you will need to email Coach David. There will be an online form available in the future.
- 1 time per week – $40 a month
- 2 times per week – $55 a month
- Unlimited times a week – $65 a month
* Note: If you prefer to 4 or 8 times a month, contact Coach David.
Step 3 of 4: Get Updates
- Ask Coach David to add you to our Google Group email list. It is used to get practice updates, schedule events, and other group emails.
- Follow or Like us on Twitter and Facebook.
Step 4 of 4: Refer a Friend
Swimming is more fun with a friend! U.S. Masters Swimming has a “Refer a Friend” program! Go Refer-a-Friend on their site.
You can add your testimonial: https://forms.gle/i4ktcpnWXD29Bs8R6
“Masters swimming in Georgetown is fun, challenging, and great for the body. Being able to push myself and succeeding feels great. I enjoy being in the water, it is so peaceful and calming. But most of all meeting new friends, lastly where else can you get a great work out and not feel the sweat… Just sayin.”
“As a Sun City resident, I am so glad I found GTX Masters. We have great coaches who have helped me with technique, strength and aerobic capacity. They are also patient, fun and very encouraging. It’s great to have found new friends, of all ages, who love the water as much as I do. Whether you just want to become a better swimmer, or compete in meets (where being “older” provides some real advantages), give GTX Masters a try. It’s worth it!”
The structure of Texas Gold Georgetown Masters allows every practice to be challenging regardless of age, speed, and experience. From my first day, the swimmers and Coach David were incredibly kind and supportive. Thanks GTX Masters!
I’ve been swimming off and on with GT Masters for eight years and it’s been a great journey! While I’ve been swimming (for triathlons) for 25+ years, I didn’t start out a swimmer so it wasn’t until I joined GT Masters that I began to swim more efficiently and faster. My stroke improves every year from the coach’s guidance and because of that, my swim times have stayed the same (or sometimes better!) even now when I’m much older than when I began!